Welcome!

I craft! Spinning, sewing, knitting, quilting...it's all here, along with so much more. I just love making things and writing about them. I hope you'll join me.

Craftsy

Craftsy

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quilting on Wednesday: April Block of the Month Prep


Good day, lovelies! I hope you are having a most excellent week. How about some preparations for our April Block of the Month? I know! Can you believe it is nearly April already? I can't. It's too cold here for it to be spring, which seems to be the sentiment across the country.

Nevertheless, we are here, it is spring, and we are going to do an April block of the month.

This month we are going to do "Church Windows" and you will need the following supplies:



Church windows uses hexagon templates, so we will use Y seams like we did in Attic Windows. We will also use 1/2 square triangles. This block is intended to also have a stained glass effect, with darker strips between marbled centers and coordinating outsides. However, I always encourage you to use your imagination and see what you can come up with!

Oh, and I have A SURPRISE for all of you. Next week's blog should also feature a video for this square. That's right, I'm coming up in the world and bought a camcorder and a tripod. So you will get to see everything as it is done. Hopefully this will be a more permanent feature for the blog.

I hope to see you there, and hope you join me on this journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I try to respond to each and every one. Please note that all comments are moderated and it may take a little while for your comment to appear. :)

Craftsy

Craftsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...